Impact Housing Association

Improvement Through Action

Comments, compliments & complaints
Call us on: 03448 736 290
24 hour local rate number

Comments, compliments & complaints

Here is a link to the new Constabulary system for reporting hate crime online...

Here you can:

  • Compliment an individual or team if this go particularly well
  • Complain if something has gone wrong
  • Give us your suggestions


We need your feedback so that we can:

  • Tailor our services to meet your needs
  • Learn and make improvements to services from your complaint, compliment or suggestion
  • Recognise the good work of employees and build on good practice


How to make a complaint

Problem Solving

When we receive your complaint we will always try to sort it out quickly and informally by giving you information or taking any appropriate  action to put things right.

Step 1 - Investigation

If we cannot resolve your complaint immediately, we will appoint an Investigating Officer who will contact you to discuss it.

Once we have investigated your complaint we will send you a full written response.

Once your complaint has been resolved, we will contact you to find out whether you were satisfied with the way your complaint was handled.

Step 2 - Review

If you are still not satisfied, your complaint will be referred to a Service Director who will act as Senior Investigating Officer and will look at how your complaint was investigated. 

Step 3 - Complaints Panel

If for any reason, you are still unhappy, the Chief Executive will bring together a Complaints Panel to hear your complaint.

Designated Person

You can ask for you complaint to be considered by a designated person when Impact's internal complaints procedure is finished.

Designater persons have been introduced in line with the Localism Act to improve the chances of housing related complaints being resolved locally.  An MP, local Councillor, or a Tenant Panel (if one exists) can act as a designated person and will either help to try and resolve the complaint themselves, or will refer the complaint straight to the Housing Ombudsman.  If they refuse to do either, you can contact the Housing Ombudsman directly at Housing Ombudsman Service, 81 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4HN  Telephone: 0300 111 3000   We take care to provide the highest standards of finance related advice and service to our customers. We will investigate complaints in line with our procedure and report back to you with our findings.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, where finance related advice has been provided you can normally take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service

How to give a Compliment

We really value positive feedback as it helps us to reward and recognise excellence and is extremely motivating for the individuals and teams concerned.

If an employee, a team or anyone who deals with you on our behalf goes 'the extra mile' or impresses you, please make sure you tell us.  All you need to do is let us know who was involved and what happened.  We will then make sure they find out. 

How to make a Suggestion

We welcome any suggestions you may have to help us make sure out services continue to improve.  We will reply in writing to thank you and then let you know if we are able to use your suggestion to improve our services.

To make a Complaint, or give us a Compliment or Suggestion:

Complete our online form

Call 03448 736 290

E mail us at: 

Write to us at: Impact Housing Association, Nook Street, Workington, CA14 4EH

Frequently Asked Questions

Is the information I give confidential?

Any information you give is covered by Data Protection guidelines.  This means that we will:

  • Keep personal information safe and secure
  • Not share it with other organisations without your permission, unless the law says we must
  • Use it to prevent and detect fraud


I want to make an anonymous complaint - will you still look into it?

Yes.  While it is helpful to know who you are, we believe everyone has a right to complain.  As a result, we thoroughly investigate all anonymous complaints.  We cannot however, provide feedback if we do not have any contact details.

Will you learn from my complaint?

Yes.  We will look at any learning as a result of your complaint.  This will help us to put service improvements in place where possible.  We will share our learning with all of our customers in our regular tenants newsletter.

Can I get involved in making services better?

Yes.  We are looking for our tenants to get involved. 

For more details call Stephen Wilson, Service Manager, Neighbourhood & Communities East on 01228 633630 or email